Bus Travel around Bude
General timetable information can be seen on www.cornwallpublictransport.info
Public Transport SOUTH of Bude
Western Greyhound runs the 594/595 service that runs from Bude to Truro via several places of interest to tourists, including Crackington Haven, Boscastle, Tintagel, Wadebridge and Newquay. All buses arrive and depart from Bude Strand which, is adjacent to Lloyds Bank.
You may also find the Cornwall Public Transport Map useful to plan visits to other places.
Crackington (single £3 return £4.50)
- Lovely beach/cove with a good pub for food and drink.
- The adventurous can walk back to Bude or continue to Boscastle and get the bus back to Bude. A 70p walking guide and map is available from Bude TIC
Tintagel (single £3 return £4.50)
- Make the most of Tintagel with our £1.20 Village Trail.
- National Trust Old Post Office (see free Cornwall National Trust leaflet)
- English Heritage’s Tintagel Castle (see Cornwall English Heritage leaflet)
- King Arthur’s Great Halls
- An easy 4-mile walk to Boscastle along the South West Coast Path
In-between Boscastle and Tintagel
- Get off the bus at Bossiney (between Boscastle and Tintagel) and walk down ‘Rocky Valley’ and see the labyrinth carvings or inland to St Nectan’s Glen. A coast path guide and map is available for 70p from Bude TIC
Boscastle (single £3 return £4.50)
- Make the most of Boscastle with our £1.20 Village Trail.
- World-famous Witchcraft Museum
- Lovely harbour and unique ‘Blowhole’
- Walk along Valency valley (walking guide available for 95p)
- Visit the National Trust Visitor Centre to learn about the 2004 flood and subsequent regeneration
Padstow (Explorer ticket £8.50)
The 555 service runs from Wadebridge to Padstow hourly. A nice alternative is to hire a bike from Bridge Bike Hire and cycle the 13 miles along the Camel Trail
- Make the most of Padstow with our £1.20 Village Trail.
- The National Lobster Hatchery is a must-see visit
- Enjoy a boat trip from the quay
- Visit Rick Steins’ famous restaurant, café, deli or fish and chip shops
- Visit Prideaux Place, a lovely privately owned house
Newquay (single £7.50 return £8.50)
The 594/595 service to St Columb Major and change to the 597 to Newquay
- Newquay Zoo and Blue Reef Aquarium are well worth a visit
- Walk the South West Coast Path for 4 miles to Watergate Bay and have lunch at Jamie Oliver’s restaurant ‘Fifteen’
- One of the largest shopping centres this side of Truro
- Good number of lively bars and clubs
We strongly recommend a visit to the Tourist Information Centre when you visit these towns – they know their area better than us and can ensure you make the most of your visit to their area!
Ticket price shown is for an adult. Deduct approx. 1/3 for children.
Public Transport NORTH of Bude
Jacketts and Stagecoach run a service from Bude to Barnstaple (good for shopping) which stops at Hartland, Clovelly (a must-see attraction for all ages) and Bideford (good shopping and an out-of-town retail park
The picturesque, historic, fishing village of Clovelly is uniquely special in that it has no cars on its streets. Donkeys and sledges are the only form of transport along its cobbled ways. Its flower-strewn cottages "tumble like a waterfall" down a cleft in the 400' cliff to the tiny working port and C14th quay.
The largest Parish in Devon, situated in the far north west of Devon. Set amidst spectacular countryside that is a designated Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, it offers tranquillity, spectacular views and amazing fauna and flora. Docton Mill Gardens and the lighthouse at Hartland Quay are just a few of the highlights
Public Transport AROUND Bude
Town Centre - Poughill
Stagecoach operate the circular 128 service from Bude Strand to Stratton and Poughill via Morrisons, Splash Leisure Pool, Crooklets Beach and Flexbury
Bude - Marhamchurch - Widemouth Bay
Jackets operates the circular 218 service
Public Transport to Exeter for Rail and Coach Connections
We strongly recommend you confirm all bus times with the operator or Traveline before making a journey and plan connections.