Launch a boat, canoe or kayak on the Bude Canal
All members of the public, both local and visitors wishing to launch in Bude Canal are required to pay a day launching fee, this can be paid in the Bude Tourist Information Centre in the Crescent Car park, immediately adjacent to the Canal. All commercial users of the canal must do so under licence by Cornwall Council. Day launch permits cannot be purchased by commercial users. For more information please contact 0300 1234 202.
There are four types of permit available:
- Paid per craft and entitles the craft to be on the canal for the day of purchase only, available only during the Bude TIC opening hours.
- £5 per day per craft plus a £20 deposit.
Day Launch Group Discount
- Paid at a discount per craft for four or more craft in any one group that stay together on the canal up to maximum of 10 craft, to include visiting clubs and educational groups.
- £4.00 per craft (up to max 10) per craft plus a £20 deposit.
Single Annual Permit
- Paid per craft and entitle that craft to use the canal for a season only.
£20 per craft
Family Annual Permit
- Covers a specified (at time of purchase to max of 5) number of craft for a season only.
£30 (multi craft)
Permit holders obligations
Cornwall Council will expect all day launch, and season permit holders to adhere to the Bude Canal code of Conduct. The permit holder is responsible for ensuring users of their craft are aware of the Canal Code of Conduct, any failures to comply will be investigated by Cornwall Council. Cornwall Council retains the right to withdraw permits at any time.
All permit holders will be required to display an adhesive label or hi-vis snap band at all times.
To purchase a permit, please print the appropriate application form and take to Bude Visitor Information Centre. For more infomation please visit the Bude Tourist Information Centre in the Crescent Car park Bude.