Summerleaze Beach Office Vacancy
Looking for a summer job in Bude? Bude Area Tourist Board are looking for new staff members to join the Summerleaze Beach Office team. The job role is seasonal from June to September.
The Summerleaze Beach Office sells beach goods and provides information to visitors about the local area. It is also the booking office for the beach huts on both Summerleaze and Crooklets beach. It’s a busy place to work!
A typical working day will include…
- answering customer queries in person, by phone and email
- giving information, using computer systems
- making bookings for the beach huts
- setting up and continuous restocking of displays and keeping the place tidy
- selling goods like buckets and spades, postcards and stamps, gifts and souvenirs
- cash handling and till reconciliation
- preparing beach huts (sweeping and cleaning) for occupation
- ordering of stock and managing deliveries
The successful candidate has
- a pleasant, friendly manner
- excellent customer service skills
- excellent organisational skills
- listening and questioning skills, both face to face, online and on the telephone
- the ability to work calmly and efficiently under pressure
- a good general knowledge of the local area and its attractions and facilities
- a smart appearance
- enthusiasm for constantly updating your knowledge and skills
- IT skills
- the ability to move large volumes of stock from the store room to the sales area outside of the beach office
How to apply…
Complete the form below…
Bude Area Tourist Board (BATB) is the official organisation responsible for encouraging visitors to Bude. BATB works closely with the public and private sectors to deliver a programme of targeted marketing initiatives aimed at increasing visitor numbers, growing visitor spend and creating jobs. We receive no public funding. All of our income is derived from booking commission, shop sales and membership fees.
Through our Tourist Information Centre, website, guide publications, social media, targeted marketing and extensive PR campaigns, we are able to reach a large audience, spreading the news about Bude and what it has to offer and promoting the Bude area as the No 1 place to visit.