Beach Hut Booking Terms & Conditions
Please be assured that we are in communication with Cornwall Council and expect the standard T&Cs outlined below to be relaxed. This information will be updated as soon as possible. If favourable changes are made, visitors who have booked a Beach Hut between now and June will receive an email.
Thanks for your understanding.
- The beach hut is available from 10am on the first day of booking until 9am on the the departure date shown on your online booking confirmation.
- Key should be collected between 10am and 12.30pm on the commencement date.
- Deck chairs and windbreaks are not provided in the Beach Hut but a limited quantity are available for hire from the Beach Office.
- Proof of receipt of PIP/DLA is required to collect keys for the Extra Large Beach Huts when booked at the reduced rate. Failure to supply this proof will result the full price being charged.
- An amendable tariff may be available for certain huts. This tariff allows you to amend your booking up to five days before the start date and allows you to change the date and hut number, but is limited to huts within the same area and is subject to availability. If the new booking falls into a higher price band, an additional fee will be payable. If the booking falls into a lower price band, no refund will be offered.
Beach Hut Terms and Conditions
Keys are collected from the Beach Office (Summerleaze Beach EX23 8HN) during summer school holidays, or from the Bude Tourist Information Centre at all other times. Keys muyst be collected between 10am and 12.30pm on the commencement date upon redemption of your booking forms. A cash deposit of £30 may be required. There is no guarantee that your key will be available to collect after 12.30.
This agreement is between The Cornwall Council (“the Council”) and you “(the Licensee”)
“Booking Form” means the form attached hereto.
“Commencement Date” means the date of arrival shown on your booking form.
“Departure Date” means the date of departure shown on your booking form.
“Hut” means the hut identified on your booking form.
“Licence Fee” means the price paid by the Licensee to occupy the hut as shown on the booking form.
2. Charges and Refunds.
a. The Licensee must pay the Licence Fee in its entirety in advance of occupying the hut.
b. The Licensee shall have a cooling off period of 24 hours in which to cancel the booking and receive a refund of 100% excluding the £5 booking fee.
d. The Licensee will be provided with one key for the hut. If the key is lost or not returned before 9am on the Departure Date, the Licensee will be charged a fee of £30.
If the Licensee fails to return the key by 9.00am on the Departure Date, the Licensee shall pay the sum of £50 plus the Standard Tariff Rate of hire for every extra day that the Licensee remains in occupation of the Hut.
f. The Licensee must repair to the Council’s satisfaction or pay on demand any costs for repairs to any damage caused by the Licensee or the Licensee’s friends family or visitors to the huts except ordinary wear and tear.
g. If the Licensee is in breach of clause 3.b.6 he must pay on demand any costs incurred by the Council
3. The Licensee.
a. The Licensee Must:
1) Ensure that any person occupying or using the hut with the Licensee’s permission complies with the rules set out in this Section 3.
2) Comply with the bye-laws and regulations of the Council for the time being in force and any lawful direction of an officer of the Council.
3) Promptly report any faults or damage to the Hut.
4) Keep the hut in a clean and tidy condition.
5) Depart the beach hut by 9am on the Departure Date.
6) Leave the hut in a clean and tidy condition and remove all personal possessions before leaving. The Council reserves the right to remove and dispose of any property belonging to the Licensee or any person occupying or using the Hut with his permission which is left in the Hut after this time.
7) Collect the key between the hours of 10am and 12.30pm. Failure to collect the key within this time period may result in a cancelled booking with no refund.
b. The Licensee must not:
1) use the hut or permit it to be used between the hours of 11pm and 5am.
2) Place or display any advert or notice inside or outside the hut.
3) Use the hut for any commercial activities.
4) Do anything that alters the structure or appearance of the Hut without the consent of the Council.
5) Sub-let the hut without the consent of the Council.
6) Do anything that causes or may cause a nuisance, damage, disturbance, annoyance, inconvenience or interference to any user of the beach or occupant of a neighboring hut.
7) Exceed the occupancy stated on the booking form.
4. The Council.
a. The Council will not be responsible for any loss or damage to the Licensee or the Licensee’s property unless it is the result of the Council’s negligence.
b. In the event of cancellation of the licence before the commencement date by the Council the Council’s liability is restricted to the value of the Licence Fee.
c. If the hut becomes unavailable for any reason beyond the Council’s control, the Council will take reasonable steps to replace it as soon as circumstances permit, or transfer the Licensee to another hut of a similar specification if one is available. If the Council is unable to reinstate the hut or provide an alternative the Council will refund the Licence fee on a pro rata basis.
a. This Licence shall end:
1) At 9am on the Departure Date;
2) At the Council’s discretion in the event of a breach of any of the terms and conditions in this licence by the Licensee. No refund of all or part of the Licence Fee will be payable to the Licensee.