IMPORTANT NOTICE & COVID-19 (updated 4th June 2020)
To ensure the safety of our staff and customers, it is necessary for us to make changes to the Terms & Conditions.
- We will be operating the Beach Office with limited staff and reduced opening hours – please be considerate and patient.
- We will make every effort for the beach hut to be available to you from 11.30am on the first day of booking until 7am on the the departure date shown on your booking confirmation.
- We will make every effort to have the keys available for collection from the Summerleaze Beach Office between 11.30am and 12.30pm. We will not be able to facilitate the collection of keys at other times.
- You must return the key by posting it through the letter box at the Summerleaze Beach Office before 7am on your departure date.
- The hut must be left clean and tidy when you return the key by 7am on the departure date. If any rubbish or personal belongings are left, we will be forced to abandon the hut for 72 hours. This will ruin the next booking and cause huge disappointment to the next user and their family.
- We ask that you take care when using the beach hut and outside space. Obey Social Distance guidelines at all times and be considerate to other hut and beach users.
- Proof of PIP/DLA is required to collect keys for the Extra Large Beach Huts when booked at the reduced rate. Please email your entitlement certificate to us before arrival – failure to supply this proof will result the full price being charged or the booking being cancelled with no refund.
- Hire items (deckchairs, surf boards, windbreaks etc) will not available for hire.
- We are unable to provide ‘deluxe’ or ‘serviced’ beach huts. These huts will empty and sold at a lower rate.
- It is very likely that we will need to change the hut allocation after you have booked. This is to allow us to help ensure social distancing is made as easy as possible.
- If we are unable to provide the beach hut you have booked, we will provide an alternative hut of a similar size at the same area of the beach. If we are unable to offer an alternative, we will provide a full refund. Refunds will be dealt with within 14 days.
Beach Hut Terms and Conditions
Keys are collected from the Beach Office (Summerleaze Beach EX23 8HN) during summer school holidays, or from the Bude Tourist Information Centre at all other times. Keys muyst be collected between 10am and 12.30pm on the commencement date upon redemption of your booking forms. A cash deposit of £30 may be required. There is no guarantee that your key will be available to collect after 12.30.
This agreement is between The Cornwall Council (“the Council”) and you “(the Licensee”)
“Booking Form” means the form attached hereto.
“Commencement Date” means the date of arrival shown on your booking form.
“Departure Date” means the date of departure shown on your booking form.
“Hut” means the hut identified on your booking form.
“Licence Fee” means the price paid by the Licensee to occupy the hut as shown on the booking form.
2. Charges and Refunds.
a. The Licensee must pay the Licence Fee in its entirety in advance of occupying the hut.
b. The Licensee shall have a cooling off period of 24 hours in which to cancel the booking and receive a refund of 100% excluding the £10 per day booking fee.
c. The Licensee will be provided with one key for the hut. If the key is lost, the Licensee will be charged a fee of £30.
d. If the Licensee fails to return the key by 9.00am on the Departure Date, the Licensee shall pay the sum of £50 plus the Standard Tariff Rate of hire for every extra day that the Licensee remains in occupation of the Hut.
e. The Licensee must repair to the Council’s satisfaction or pay on demand any costs for repairs to any damage caused by the Licensee or the Licensee’s friends family or visitors to the huts except ordinary wear and tear.
f. If the Licensee is in breach of clause 3.b.6 he must pay on demand any costs incurred by the Council
3. The Licensee.
a. The Licensee Must:
1) Ensure that any person occupying or using the hut with the Licensee’s permission complies with the rules set out in this Section 3.
2) Comply with the bye-laws and regulations of the Council for the time being in force and any lawful direction of an officer of the Council.
3) Promptly report any faults or damage to the Hut.
4) Keep the hut in a clean and tidy condition.
5) Depart the beach hut by 9am on the Departure Date.
6) Leave the hut in a clean and tidy condition and remove all personal possessions before leaving. The Council reserves the right to remove and dispose of any property belonging to the Licensee or any person occupying or using the Hut with his permission which is left in the Hut after this time.
7) Collect the key between the hours of 10am and 12.30pm. Failure to collect the key within this time period may result in a cancelled booking with no refund.
b. The Licensee must not:
1) use the hut or permit it to be used between the hours of 11pm and 5am.
2) Place or display any advert or notice inside or outside the hut.
3) Use the hut for any commercial activities.
4) Do anything that alters the structure or appearance of the Hut without the consent of the Council.
5) Sub-let the hut without the consent of the Council.
6) Do anything that causes or may cause a nuisance, damage, disturbance, annoyance, inconvenience or interference to any user of the beach or occupant of a neighboring hut.
7) Exceed the occupancy stated on the booking form.
4. The Council.
a. The Council will not be responsible for any loss or damage to the Licensee or the Licensee’s property unless it is the result of the Council’s negligence.
b. In the event of cancellation of the licence before the commencement date by the Council the Council’s liability is restricted to the value of the Licence Fee.
c. If the hut becomes unavailable for any reason beyond the Council’s control, the Council will take reasonable steps to replace it as soon as circumstances permit, or transfer the Licensee to another hut of a similar specification if one is available. If the Council is unable to reinstate the hut or provide an alternative the Council will refund the Licence fee on a pro rata basis.
a. This Licence shall end:
1) At 9am on the Departure Date;
2) At the Council’s discretion in the event of a breach of any of the terms and conditions in this licence by the Licensee. No refund of all or part of the Licence Fee will be payable to the Licensee.