St Andrew’s is a Grade 1 Listed Building, with 13th century Norman stonework and a 13th century stone effigy. The 14th century saw the addition of a north aisle. Further alterations and additions followed in the 15th century (when the tower was added), and also in the 16th century.
Considerable restoration work was undertaken in 1888, and then again in 1900, when a vestry (with a cellar beneath) was added to the north of the Lady Chapel. The present wooden rood screen was completed in 1907, replacing the 16th century screen removed by order of Henry VIII.
In 1982 the floor of the ringing-chamber was raised to provide a robing-room for the choir and a quiet space for young children during services.
A new vestry was built in 1998, along with a small kitchen area and toilet. The former vestry is now used as a meeting room.
Standing proudly on high ground in historic Stratton, St Andrew’s has served the needs of Christians in the area for over 750 years.