Old Lifeboat Apartments
The Old Lifeboat Apartments are converted from the historic Old Lifeboat House on the bank of the Bude Canal, just across the road from the Brendon Arms. It’s a very short and easy walk to the town centre, harbour and Summerleaze Beach. The apartments are small but perfectly adequate for two to four people. Outside, you have a small seating area and the waters edge is a metre or two away! There’s a parking space by the front door.
The apartments all have an open plan lounge/ kitchen diner with a fully fitted kitchen, including cooker, microwave etc. . The lounge has a flat screen colour television, dining table and chairs and two sofas, one of which converts to a sofabed. The bedroom either has a double or twin beds and shower room has a shower, wash hand basin and W.C. All apartments have new showers for 2016.
Bird watchers and Nature lovers can enjoy the wealth of wildfowl, and the nearby Bude Marshes Nature reserve.
The first Bude Lifeboat House, now converted into four modern holiday apartments was built by Sir Thomas Acland, a prominent West Country landowner and politician in 1863.
Each apartment in the Lifeboat House is named after one of the early champions of the Bude Lifeboat: Sir Thomas Acland himself; George Brendon MFH, who provided the horses for the carriage; Parson Hawker, Vicar of Morwenstow, who helped with many rescues; and Captain Barrett, the coxswain of the Lifeboat. So the great tradition of heroic sea rescues, which still continues with the work of the RNLI today, is commemorated.
Adjacent to Bude Canal, close to the Town Centre.