Bathing water quality at Bude’s beaches has been rated as Excellent under the new EU Regulations for bathing water quality. The beaches include
- Summerleaze Beach – Excellent
- Crooklets Beach – Excellent
- Northcott Mouth – Excellent
- Widemouth Bay – Excellent
- Sandymouth Bay – Excellent
Water quality at designated bathing water sites in England is assessed by the Environment Agency. From May to September, weekly assessments measure current water quality, and at a number of sites daily pollution risk forecasts are issued. Annual ratings classify each site as excellent, good, sufficient or poor based on measurements taken over a period of up to four years.